” Faced with inflation, we must: respond, protect the French “Wrote the new Prime Minister Elisabeth Bourne in the preamble to the government bill on purchasing power. Long awaited by both the French and the opposition, this law – actually two, since certain measures are included in the finance bill – was finally promulgated this Thursday, July 7, in the Council of Ministers. The project, which will be discussed next week, does not present big surprises. In fact, this is an extension of existing devices or those already leaked to the press.
Here is a summary of the most drastic concrete measures:
– Revaluation 4% family benefitssocial minimums and pensions for 1uh July. Matignon gives several numerical examples: the basic old-age pension of 1,200 euros per month will be increased by 49 euros in 2021; A couple on SMIC with two dependent children will be able to receive up to 40 euros per month more family allowances; An Adult Disability Benefit (AAH) recipient will see their monthly allowance increased by €37;
– Sustainability Macron Prize per ” make you work harder “, the government’s press release says. From 3,000 euros, it can be increased to 6,000 euros, still tax-free, for ” companies that have created a profit sharing scheme which this new law should also contribute to. During the TF1 interference the day before, Elisabeth Bourne clarified that four million Frenchmen won from her in 2021.
– Revaluation 4% activity bonus paid to low-income workers (4.5 million households). Thus, a Smic staff member, or 1303 euros net per month, will receive 31 euros more.
– Creation fuel surcharge between 100 and 300 euros per vehicle and per employee, for those who use their car for work, whether employees, self-employed, apprentices or civil servants… provided they do not earn more than 14,100 euros in one year and per share (reference to tax income).
– Extension fuel discount 18 cents on the pump until the end of September, and then gradually disappear: 12 cents discount in October, 6 cents in November.
– extension also tariff shield on energy prices until the end of the year. ” Without it, gas prices for the population would jump by 50%, and electricity prices by 35%! we say to Matignon. For a couple with two children, these shields translate into savings of €750 per year on a 90m2 home, according to government estimates.2 gas heating.
– Customization shield rental : limiting their increase to 3.5% for a period of one year, from October 2022 to October 2023. At the same time, housing allowances (HPL) increase by the same amount.
– Fall removal contribution to public broadcastingor “TV fees”, which cost 138 euros a year to 23 million French households.
Added to all this is a messy €100 school aid for low-income households, a 4% revaluation of student scholarships, a reduction in social security contributions for the self-employed, or even three-click termination is useless…
I guarantee the French that there will be no tax increase.
On the contrary, we continue to reduce them: ending audiovisual license fees, ending the abolition of the residence tax, continuing to reduce taxes on production. #8h30franceinfo
— Bruno LeMaire (@BrunoLeMaire) July 8, 2022